DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Time

Time

[Originally posted by rama]

I want to intialise shift timings using DTPicker.Shift hours should be min. 8 hours.if i want to assign a shift timings from 10.00 p.m of 04/05/2003 to 6.00 a.m of 05/05/2003 how to validate time.if i take datediff function it takes time from 10.00 a.m of 04/05/2003 to 6.00 p.m of 04/05/2003 so i get difference as 16hours.

Re:Time

[Originally posted by singaravelu]

Hi,

Before u to validate the date u place one cmbo box and store the additem "First Shift" and "Second Shift" and etc. After storing the shift in combo box we can be able to easily validate the date picker. by using the if statement we can be able to validate depends upon the shift timings.

My id is velu_bsc2@rediffmail.com

Time

[Originally posted by rama]

i need time validation if i enter 10:00:00 PM (06/05/2003) to 6:00:00 AM (07/05/2003) i get 16 hours difference.but i need the difference as 8 hours.how do i get that.

Re:Time

[Originally posted by Larry Asher]

Try using the 24 hour clock for starters or ensure the am and pm are including in the date/time.

Could you submit some source code so we could get a better understanding of what you are trying to accomplish.

A few years ago I was doing some work writting scheduling software. One of the problems I encounter involved determining which shift the operation took place in. I am trying to recal all of the details. If you want to know more perhaps I will have recalled them by then.

It would help to see you code.

Best of luck.