DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: A question about Forum usage ? (posts about commercial products)

Question A question about Forum usage ? (posts about commercial products)

I am new to this forum and would like to ask a question about the forums usage.

The forum rules upon registration only make reference to not using bad speech in posts and nothing about such things as discussing (or even advertising or annoucements) commercial programming tools.

My question is:

Is it permissible to annouce (which is technically an advertisement) a commercial programming tool here ?

I don't want to go against the rules in any way.

My interest here is following discussions about VB'ers looking for alternatives to moving to VB.NET.

I am a long time Basic programmer, using such compilers as:
    QuickBasic 4.0
    PDS 7.1
    VB 1.0, 2.0 and 5.0 (Pro)
    PowerBasic 5.0, 6.0, 8.0

My current development tool is PowerBasic.
    I am a developer of GUI tools for use with Powerbasic and my latest product was recently released in its 4th generation (version 4.0).

I am experienced Windows API programmer with extensive knowledge in such things as building drag and drop tools, pure API programming of complete GUI apps, the common controls, custom class controls, subclassing, threads, DIBSections and animation, etc.

I have built WYSIWYG design tools (for designing forms), code generation tools, custom controls like: Canvas control (supports DIBs, double buffers, sprites w/animation, alphablending), Turtle Graphics control (vector based), MCI control, masked edit (superclass of edit), drag handle control, properties listbox control, files listbox control.

All of this written in Powerbasic without any OCX's or compiler runtimes !

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Boss
    Is it permissible to annouce (which is technically an advertisement) a commercial programming tool here ?
    Welcome! Thanks for asking. Announcing tools and products is considered advertising and such posts are removed. You can mention such products if they are a direct answer to a question.

Your perspectives in having used PowerBasic and some other tools might be found to be interesting. We do hope you join some of the discussions here!

Brad!