DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: How to remove a message from NetBeans

Hybrid View

How to remove a message from NetBeans

Is there a way to remove that message that says "Press Enter to close the terminal window" or something like that in NetBeans? I'd like to remove that line from always showing up on my console output.

wrong forum?
    visual studio inserts a dos pause command after a program stops if you execute it from the environment, this is done so you can see the output of the program. If you want it gone, you can insead just double click the executable from windows or open a console and run it from there. I don't know what a netbeans is but if its under visual its likely the same thing going on.

Also, if you want the output as text, you can just make a batch file to run it redirected to a file. Looks like

whatever.exe >output.txt

then double click the batch instead of the executable to manage the output easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnin View Post
    wrong forum?
    visual studio inserts a dos pause command after a program stops if you execute it from the environment, this is done so you can see the output of the program. If you want it gone, you can insead just double click the executable from windows or open a console and run it from there. I don't know what a netbeans is but if its under visual its likely the same thing going on.

Also, if you want the output as text, you can just make a batch file to run it redirected to a file. Looks like

whatever.exe >output.txt

then double click the batch instead of the executable to manage the output easily.
    Visual Studio puts in a System ("Pause") command to keep the console window open and you will see "Press any key to continue..." as a result. But you can remove that message by hitting not Run but Run without Debugging. Then there is no message at all.

I've never made a batch file. I don't even know what that is.

a "batch" of dos commands in a text file with the special extension ".bat" -- you can use them for minor useful things like deleting certain files or moving stuff around or redirect of the output, etc.